Saturday, April 20, 2013

First steps to healing


After 4 long years of infertility (that's 48 monthly reminders that I am not pregnant) it is not hard to believe I have fallen into a pit lately. Allowing myself to wallow for a couple of months I have decided that it is time I started fighting like a girl to claw my way out of this sorrow-filled place of endless darkness. 
Here marks my first steps to healing (well maybe not to healing but at least to getting through a day without uncontrolled waterworks).


FIRST STEPS
I have just removed all chronic baby talkers from my newsfeed on Facebook. 
This isn’t because I’m not happy for them. 
I am. 
It is because I need to look after myself. 
I need to stop re-bullying myself 
every day, 
through contestant reminders 
that I do not have my own baby 
to hold 
and take pictures of 
and tell the world about. 

Through contestant reminders 
I don’t have my own baby 
who looks so much like me 
or who laughs just like it’s father. 

I just need to give myself a break 
and this is 
the 
first 
step 
in doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment